Come and see us in Seattle, WA
Great cities are built years on experience and ingenuity, and hearing practices are no different. Better Hearing Center has been providing hearing healthcare to communities in and around Seattle for over 50 years.
When we talk about excellence here at Better Hearing Center, we mean it. From the way we fit hearing aids to the technology we recommend, we insist on only the very best for our patients.
When you’re ready to take control of your hearing health, schedule a hearing appointment for a free hearing test with us today.
We’re proud to be located in Seattle, also known as “The Emerald City.” From the Seattle Center's cutting-edge urban setting to the glorious natural landscape surrounding the area, Seattle does have it all. And there’s no shortage of nature to enjoy too: there's the vast expanse of Puget Sound, the westward outline of the Olympic Mountains, and the ominous Mount Rainier to the Southeast.
Seattle is a variant of the Indian name "Sealth." When the first white settlers arrived in 1851, Sealth was a chief of the Suquamish tribe. In years gone by, the downward sloping Yesler Way, which runs straight into the Puget Sound, provided loggers with an easy way of transporting timber. This is why the Pioneer Square we know today was known as Skid Row.
In recent years, the city has gained prominence for grunge music, coffee, and the local tech scene.
Seattle Fun Facts
- The city was rebuilt on top of itself after the Great Fire of 1889.
- Edward E. Carlson, the 1962 World's Fair organizer, drew the first concept for the Seattle Space Needle on a restaurant napkin.
- Despite its reputation, the city only receives 37 inches of rain annually, less than Chicago, Miami, and New York!
- The city is home to some world-famous companies, including Amazon and Starbucks, Microsoft, and Costco.
- With the highest percentage of residents with a college degree or higher, Seattle is the world's most literate city.
- Seattle has the second-highest number of glass-blowing studios worldwide, second only to the island of Murano in Italy.
- Seattle is home to the first floating bridge globally and the most extensive and widest floating bridge in the world.